Monday, February 6, 2012

VISION of LOVE

Yesterday this blog made 1 year old. Wow. I can't believe how fast time goes and how much I've been able to accomplish with From Vee to You. And it all started as a vision.

I literally, like Myriah Carey in the 90s (back when she made good music) had a vision of love for this blog. I was scared that most people would think I was lame, corny and just plain wack as hell for launching a love  blog. But I said to myself, just do it. I knew the world needed my words. I knew I needed my words. And that is exactly how dreams start. With a vision. A thought. A daring moment to do something a lil bit crazy...but with good purpose.

Last night I stayed up reading my blog posts. Some made me cry, laugh and some made me cringe when I thought about how much of my damn business I had shared with the public. Damn. I shared a lot. But I promised that I would. My own honesty blew my mind. However, the vision would not have been the same if I had not stayed true to what I was set out to do.

But like most visions, I needed people to make me help it happen. I knew that just launching my written work wasn't gonna cut it. It's like every producer out here making beats. Your beats are nothing without a lyricist. And my words are nothing without a reader. So thank you. Seriously. THANK YOU.

I always said when I was younger (especially after hearing Tupac say it) I don't need fame. But I did always have a vision to use my purpose to strike some kind of change. And even though the world is still jacked up and I haven't gotten my hope for world peace, I do think I've encouraged some people to look inside themselves and redefine LOVE...

So with my vision this time last year, I continue to push the same vision. This year, a little more wiser, a little more smarter and I plan to go a lil bit harder. Again, thank you. From the top of my heart, down to the bottom. This vision is nothing without you.

Love,
Vee

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary Ms. V! What a wonderful accomplishment. Keep sharing your words of love with the world. They are needed.

    ReplyDelete