Friday, February 18, 2011

Her LOVE has a LIMIT

So I heard I had some women pulling their toes back with yesterday's piece on women and their ignored infidelity. Well today, pull those toes back gentlement...because I'm stepping all over yall toes today.

So I won't be too rough (or bias) with my men today. I won't spin off into an old school Desitny's Child track about how independent I am or tell you how broke and no good you are. But I will tell the truth; at least based off of my experiences.

Men, men, men...where on earth do I start with yall?? Oh, I got it! Since ADAM! You all are the most wonderful, sexiest, handiest, lying, manipulating creatures on earth. (Ok, was that too rough, sorry...damn flashbacks!) Yes, yall hold a place in society that is very delicate, and dare we ever challenge that place and battle with yall egos.

I agree a lot with Kanye's track "Runaway". Because I have witnessed men with damn good women, but still creep around with something (and I say something because my momma and daddy reading this) who not worth the time you snatching away from the woman that really loves your no good asses.

Some of you really trip Vee out. Some of you stay away all night (be it with the "somethings" or "your boys"), look for our wallets at the drive thrus, and never grant a compliment, BUT if your good woman back home even look at another man with a lustful eye, you all would lose your minds! And that, my wonderful brothers, that's some insecurity right there and some guilt that you haven't channeled correctly. So, and I say this respectfully, stop trippin.

Man it's cliche' as hell but you never really know what you got until it's gone. And some of you men refuse to turn your player's cards in not because you don't trust these women (even though some of them out here wrong too)...it's because you don't trust yourself.

Some of you taking advantage of the stereotypes and sexism that society has setup for you. Some of you are missing out on a good ass woman, because you're scared to admit that really, you don't even deserve her. You know, however, how to treat her, what to do to keep her, but sometimes some of you realize that when she's gone to the next.

And if I can say this, some of you are wasting your damn time with a woman who doesn't even deserve YOU! And as painful as it is to see a good woman get treated wrongly, my pains are equivalent when I see a good man get treated that way. Either way, a heart is a heart, not a damn toy.

Men...many of you in my own age bracket, others older...I'm speaking to you all. You are the backbones to our families, you are the same men who teach our boys how to treat women, bring home the bacon, eat all the damn bacon. We need you...(face it ladies) but we need the YOU that you're supposed to be. We need the supportive YOU, the strong YOU, the "sensitive when we need you to be but not all the time" YOU. Because trust me, if you're out here not taking advantage of that good woman, someone will...and don't lie, that thought drives your ass crazy. Her love has a limit.

We all, men and women, need to honor what we are here for. Love, respect and life are not games. We have to learn to set the momentum for our upcoming men and women, they are watching everything we do...and everything we don't do.

Love,
Vee

No comments:

Post a Comment