Thursday, April 7, 2011

And I LOVE the way, that HE makes me FEEL

And if I am a reflection of him...then I must be fly, because his light, it shines so bright...

I love me some India Arie. Her music takes me on a journey to how life really should be. And sometimes, how we should be loving each other.

Is chivalry dead ladies? Do men try to make us feel good anymore? Or are we settling for less when we know we should be getting that Queen Nefertiti treatment? Hell, are we doing our part to even deserve that kind of treatment anymore?

I guess to many, I'd be considered new school. And I am, 1987 and proud of it. But I've always been told  of this so called old soul and I suppose my ways of thinking are more old school. But I want a man to open the door for me. Ask me on a date. Introduce himself to my parents and hell, be romantic...just because. Not because he's trying to escape from the dog house or trying to get some. But because he knows that making me feel good will create a reflection of him...a fly one.

Giving this to our women will hopefully help redefine our families. And not just before men get the draws; but giving a woman a feeling of romance can keep her. Respect for her, honoring her and showing her that you value her...she will love the way that you make her feel.

That, my loves...that's the truth.

Love,
Vee

No comments:

Post a Comment