Sunday, April 3, 2011

Making LOVE FACES: EXCLUSIVE with ROQUE COZZETTE

Roque Cozzette's talents with make up goes way beyond the bristles of any make up brush. He's a gift to all make up bags, a craftsman to any face. His spirit is entirely beautiful and his humor is priceless. He's Cali bred, originally from Newark, a small town near Oakland. And he shared his amazing story as one of today's top make up artists in the industry.

"I'm always available to work with people in what they feel they can grow from," said Roque. "I do marketing, I do branding and I do product development as well as design educational curriculum," he said.

Roque's love of learning has given him wings to fly and freedom to grow. His latest reflection of his love for beauty:  Cozzette, where he's daddy to the Divinity Collection, a collection of vegan make up brushes and multi-purpose containers. This is his way of improving make up instruments and caring for all living species in the process.Until this year, he was artistic director at Kett Cosmetics and he now facilitates airbrush seminars globally and  presents on stage at every make up show there is.

Even though Roque says he taught himself to do make up and never took a class, he credits early life experiences for building a foundation and love for what he does. He remember early memories of watching his mother paint, and remembering her applying her red lipstick. 

"I've learned from every single interaction. Every opportunity I can, I use as a  learning tool."

He says he is "serving humanity for a greater good"...and even as a journalist, I could not have said it any better. He's traveled the world from country to country with celebrities like Christina Milian, Melody Gardot, Heather Graham and America's Next Top Model winner Jaslene Gonzales.

Every opportunity he's lived...he's reached for a greater challenge. From the counter of Nordstroms in San Francisco to the regional trainer at Mac in New York...he's challenged himself for greatness. And because of it...he's damn great.

In fashion, he's worked  his unique creative light for Victoria’s Secret, Valentino, Y3, Louis Vuitton,Christian Dior, Boudicca,  Galliano, Yohji Yamamoto, and Prada.Hell of a resume, but his humility speaks so much louder than his success. Son of a Puerto Rican mother and an Italian father, his personality speaks to where he comes from. And I loved it.

"I'm sure  you can feel the fire," he said... And yes, I did feel it.

Roque was given much opportunity in the 80s, a decade of bold style...blue eyeshadows, neon lipsticks...all I remember seeing on Saved by the Bell. And that was right up his alley. He started with hair, then make up. And now his art of making love faces has built him an empire.

"I was naturally an artist," said Roque. And that he is. His work varies in print, television, fashion, celebrity image and cosmetic product development.

"I knew I wanted to create beauty and my intention has always been from the heart. I am a spiritualist."

I related so well with Roque, like we've spoken before. His stories set me right in the moment. And like me, he has a passion for meditation and inking his thoughts, all in the name of love.

"Working in the music business really woke me up..."It's the school of the hard knocks," said Roque. "We may believe celebrities have it made but it is hard. I have so much respect for celebrities."

Roque said, "No matter what, there is a divine purpose in everything we do. I don't never want to stop growing."

His talent inspires me...his success challenges me. Roque, you are a spirit of love and I am honored to share your story! The love faces that you paint represents a greater love in you.

Love,
Vee

No comments:

Post a Comment