Thursday, April 14, 2011

LIVING for the LOVE of YOU

We all get our strength from somewhere. A lot of times from the souls that are long gone out of our lives. And sometimes their disappearing presence can keep us motivated...their spirits can sometimes move inside of us...and sometimes helps us move.

Death never scared me. And weird enough, as emotional as I am, I've never been the type to fall all out at funerals or go into a deep depression from losing someone I love. Death reminds me of life. Ironically enough, it gives me strength and alerts me to wake up and appreciate my time here on earth. It helps me love life, live life and learn life.

I'll never forget the times when I had to hear that cancer killed my sweet granny or diabetes took my granddaddy. Like them, a piece of me died. But their passings took a grip on my life and sometimes in my saddest moments, I think of how my granny would tell me I'm beautiful. Or smile at my granddad's lame jokes. Or smell my great grandma's cooking from her Mississippi kitchen. And my memories make me smile, keep me going. I'm living for them, as they live through me.

I know losing someone means pain, intense pain. Especially if that someone was close to you. But let it strengthen you. To all that has lost a fallen soldier to a wack ass war, a granny to an incurable disease, a pet...live...for the love of them.

To all my spirits that are long gone from this earth, I miss you. I love you and wish you were around. Man granny, sometimes I just want to hear your voice, smell your perfume. But to you and all my other loves in heaven...I promise to continue to live...for the love of you.

Love,
Vee

No comments:

Post a Comment