Monday, April 11, 2011

MAYBACH LOVE: EXCLUSIVE coverage of the RICK ROSS AFTER PARTY in CHI CITY

So I didn't get an interview with him. Didn't even get a chance to introduce myself.  Not even an autograph and barely got good video footage. But it was still a hell of a night. One that I will never forget.

It was Friday, April 1st...April Fools, and I damn sure got fooled that day. Because when I woke up that morning, I thought my night would end with a Rick Ross interview to share with you. But it didn't.

Let me just admit: I was so thirsty for this particular event coverage and even more thirsty to share it with you. And it wasn't for bragging rights...okay, maybe a little. But I'm actually a fan of Rick Ross's big self. I remember when I first saw his music video for Everyday I'm Hustling. I couldn't believe he comfortably exposed his large, tatted up belly to the world. He's quite confident. But it was something about his swagg that was just so dope to me. It was something about his hustle. I was attracted to that more than anything. And because of this, he's become an icon to the rap game.

Rick Ross was set to perform that night at The Lick out south at 1am after his concert that night at the United Center. He got there a little after 2am. Not surprised; Hollywood is never on time for shit. Me and my girl's were kicking it in the DJ booth with DJ V-Dub and DJ Dimepiece. And they had the hold club in a trans. We were anxious and having a blast; but on work as well. 

I remember seeing Ross sitting over in VIP surrounded by what looked liked groupies at the time. He was chillin, observing how we party in Chi City. His shades were as dark as his skin that night, hiding his eyes that may have told kush stories with happy and high endings. His demeanor was the usual, swagg on point and laid back. He was definitely feeling himself that night. Hell, so were me and my girls.

We had a connect that night for a personal interview with Rick Ross and his crew. Needless to say, the connect never came thru. However, the police did. They came right thru and shut the entire party down. Everyone in the club was asked to exit before Ross had even gotten a chance to even the hit the stage. And before me and my girls got the chance to secure our interview. Damn.

My assumption was that they were pissed about the kush clouds...the party had gotten a little bit out of control once they announced we had weed in the building. Guess sometimes in the mist of our partying, we forget that cannibis is illegal in the state of Illinois. So that was that. Party over. It was an abrupt ending and an unsuccessful event coverage. But a good ass time.

And like always...I worked to have something to bring back to share with you. Below is a brief video I captured the night of the after party...before the sirens sounded...From Vee to You...

Love,
Vee

No comments:

Post a Comment