Monday, March 28, 2011

One LOVE, One HEART. Let's get TOGETHER and feel ALRIGHT

I'm worried for this world. And we are truly divided; and I'm not talking just geographically.

 I'm worried for the babies being brought into families that are broken and situations that are usually decided by the courts. Tired of our city and state officials stealing from our hoods for their selfish wants. Sick of the racism that's hidden inside a history that needs to be let go. And sick to my stomach for playing part in so many segregating systems that's just not getting any better.

I find more unity observing street gangs than families.  And the lack of unity is what got us in this place. The lack of love.

I think too often when we discuss the disconnect in our society, we imply that race is the only issue. But I beg to differ. Age. Education. The town you live in. We're all under some damn caste system, separating us by what we have, the money we make that equates to power. This puts some at an advantage, others a disadvantage.

And the U-N-I-T-Y that Queen Latinas spoke of has become division.

My solution? I wish I had one. I wish I had the power to bring all countries together in peace, no wars. No hate. I wish that our cities would have leaders that care too much to rob innocent people.

I wish for a revolution.

Love,
Vee

No comments:

Post a Comment