Monday, March 21, 2011

Thin line Between LOVE and HATE (Part 7)

I would always wonder that. Wondered if you were sorry. You said it so many times and I can't decipher a sincere apology versus a wasted lie. But that one seemed sincere.

Maybe you're the one that deserves better. Maybe you deserve a fair chance, clearance to be afraid, adolescent and confused. And I never gave you a chance. Maybe you deserve a lady, someone who acts with respect, and not act out Angela Basset scenes, waiting to exhale a hate that's fake. And whether I remain BM or upgrade one day to wifey, I'm the mother of our child. A lady who wouldn't say and do shit to strip you down, deny you of a love from a being that needs you, like you need it.

Maybe our baby deserves better. A more mature set of parents who lives with their shitty consequences, and do what's right. A daddy who would be there, a momma who wouldn't run daddy away. A nursery, not a damp basement that caters to some type of living that we know our child deserves. Maybe our baby doesn't even deserve this life. But regardless, it's a life we're responsible for.

So I was your Brown Sugar huh? Well I guess that made you my Baby Boy. And Jody, my Jody...some days I felt like the strength of your love could make my fly free as bird. Other times, I just wanted to fly the hell away. With the baby. Somewhere far; but my wings never let me.

Whether I'll be yours or someone else's, we share life. So let's make the best of it, with love this time. Because the baby deserves it. We deserve it.

Love,
Baby Momma


Baby Momma:

Agreed! And no matter what happens, from now on I want to open the gates of communication. I will allow you the freedom to express how you feel. I want to show you that this parenting responsibility was not meant to be a single person’s job.

I want to share that burden with you. I am reminded of the portrait that depicts a black man carrying woman and child. I know the road gets rough, but there is nothing that the two of us can’t accomplish. We are burdened by social stigmas of baby mommas and baby daddies. But I believe in you.
I know your strength and worth. I believe that you are the only reason that I could even dare to face the troubles of the day. And because I have faith in you makes me want our child to be proud to call me dad. I need the respect of you because it allows me to get pass the fear, anxiety and uncertainty of being a father. You are the glue that holds it together.

I don’t know what the future holds for us as it concerns a relationship. But I will admit to the goal of wanting to one day call you my wife. I know it is something that has to be earned and we haven’t even gotten this parenting thing down. But as a start, I will vow to always respect and love you for your role as the woman who faced death to bring forth life. You made the ultimate sacrifice. I am reminded each day of the beauty of you and our child.

We are doing better by giving us a chance to explore some of these emotions that rarely get confronting. We are giving our child a chance to see us for who we are.

Many times, baby mommas and baby daddies are not able to eloquently express what we have. But it doesn’t take college to say what your heart knows. The problem is that one or both of the parents are too stubborn to listen.

I’m glad you listened, talked and worked through what you need to. I now have hope that we can enjoy our child before she grows up.

Love,
Baby Daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment